Relocations are supposed to be events filled with joy and excitement. This is not that hard to accomplish, especially if you prepare yourself well enough. Depending on how far away you are moving, this relocation can be more or less complex, and you will see that there are many different things you can do to make it even more enjoyable. So, you should start by making a plan. This is not to be done a day or two before the move. You have to plan much sooner than this if you want to have a stress-free relocation. Hiring a great moving company like Authority Moving Group will make the whole experience much better for you, so you need to consider that as well. But before you hire a moving company, you will have plenty of things to care about and create an interstate moving checklist.
Start as soon as possible
Planning an interstate move is not an easy thing to do, but you should keep trying to make it as easy and stress-free as possible. The way you will deal with this depends on many different things. If you are moving to get a new job, your company might be taking care of your accommodation, and your relocation won’t be that difficult to conduct. If you are moving a four-bedroom family home, you got some planning to do. In this case, creating an interstate moving checklist is crucial. Finding the most reliable cross country movers Florida offers is easy once you have everything else figured out. So, start as soon as possible and you will be just fine.
Planning and making the interstate moving checklist
Once you are ready to take care of your move, you will have to make a solid plan and stick to it. It is the only way to have a great relocation and take care of everything without any problems. Start planning as soon as you realize that you will be moving. You should make a plan with the things you should get done for each week and every couple of days as well. Stick to the plan and you will be fine.
Here is how to do it
Getting a good example of how your schedule should look like is helpful and that is the best way for you to be sure that you know just what to do.
About 2 months before the relocation
Making sure that you know what to do as much as two months before the relocation is crucial, since this way, you will have all the time you need to have an amazing move. You should:
- Hire a moving company- this way, you will be able to choose a good date for you and get a cheaper relocation deal.
- Start packing- At this time, you can pack most of the things you don’t normally use often since you won’t need them (winters clothes if it’s summer and the other way around, for example)
- Decluttering may begin as well- You should get rid of all the things that you don’t need anymore. You can donate them to the Red Cross for example. This way, you will do a good deed and your move will be cheaper since you will have fewer items to move.
- Get a storage unit for the things that you don’t need but can’t throw away. This way, you will be able to save them until you need them again
- Notify your kid’s school that you will be relocating
- Do the same with the doctor that treats them
Taking care of these tasks on time is crucial for your move. If you leave them for later, you won’t have enough time for your other important tasks and you will probably forget something.
One and a half month before your relocation
Once the important tasks are done, you can move on to the next ones. The first 15 days, of half of the month, should be enough for the previous tasks, so you can:
- Get the packing supplies- you need to get the moving boxes, packing paper, and peanuts that you will use to pack your important belongings
- Visit the vet- make sure you get your pet’s documents as well, your new vet will need those
- Make sure you know how you will be getting to your new home- make all the needed travel arrangements
You won’t have anything to worry about if you take care of this part of your move in time as well. Take care of them as soon as you can and don’t give up. There are plenty of tasks to take care of yet.
One month before the move
Now, the moving day is getting closer, so you want to start dealing with the rest of your move. Here is how you do it:
- Pack the rest of your belongings- Now it’s time to pack the things you use more commonly, but not daily. This way, you will have fewer things to pack later on. Label while packing
- Get your pet to the vet- Now you need to get your pet examined and a tag needs to get updated. Preparing a pet for a move is not complicated but you should od it the right way
- Transfer your utilities- This way, you will have electricity and water in your new home as soon as you move
- Keep an inventory- Check and make sure you packed everything you need
- Make sure the movers are coming- You have to check the moving company every few weeks as well
Taking care of your relocation is not easy but if you organize, you will do a lovely job. Prepare, follow your schedule and you will have an amazing relocation in no time!